Saturday, May 14, 2011

Job at Cotton On!

Yeah as you can see, I've been really busy with school work and submissions recently. I haven't been blogging cause of that and also due to bloggers breakdown. So here I'm back now, blogging about the updates of myself.

This week some of the submission results were announced and I've gotten two Bs and one B+. I'm happy with my results but I think I can do a lot better than just Bs. I was hoping to get As (Or at least one) and got none. ): But nonetheless, such results for the first few submissions are not bad.

Also in this week, I've been for two interviews and I'm really glad that I got both jobs and there's two options for me. The first job is the position of a graphic designer and the second is a position for a part timer at Cotton On. Both are 7 bucks per hour and that's really good. However, the only job that I can work on weekdays and weekends (According to my flexibility during or after holidays) is at Cotton On. Thus, this leads to the next bad news which is the commitment of four days a week. Not that I'm not committed to the job, I am but my initial plan was to work three days a week (Which can also squeeze me dry), but choosing another extra day to work was tough. I don't know how I'm going to cope with both work and studies, but somehow (I don' know how) I've to.

I mean although it might sound like a torture working at Cotton On, looking at the pay and job scope, I feel that this was what I wanted. I wanted a job which I can earn more, and also a job that I can learn more new skills (Cause staying at Metro is just too used to it). Training for my job at Cotton On falls on Wednesday. *Thank god*

Another good news for today, is that Estina also got herself a job at RWS (Yes, the one that I got but in the end went haywire). I'm happy for her, but I'm also worried about the travel distance and time spent on work. This would indirectly means sacrifice of time for assignments (Big big warning to me too).

I really hope that the job at Cotton On will not disappoint me and that Cotton On will really get more new and creative clothing so that I won't waste my soon-to-get 30% staff discount!

I'm not here waiting for my edited video to be saved. It's a submission about Tiong Bahru Estate and submission falls on Wednesday (Technically it falls on Monday, but was extended). My eyes are getting real tired now and I cannot open any longer. By the way, I fell asleep when I was with Estina, Christine and Jong at Vivo City. Yeah, that's how tired I am.


One last thing, if anyone is reading my blog, please watch the movie "Forrest Gump". I'll rate it 9 out of 10 stars! I almost thought I was heartless (Since I did not feel sad or cry when I watched "PS I love you" and "The Notebook") until I watched "Forrest Gump" and cried cause the plot was excellent and admirable. I did write a review on it. Maybe I can post it up some day. I'm so going to pack my bag for tomorrow and sleep soon after saving of the file ends. Goodnight!



Alvin Aucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment