Sunday, January 15, 2012

I'm not rich nor pampered.

Just a random post cause it suddenly knocked on my head that I think many people think that I'm rich or well to do. Firstly, you're wrong.

My parents divorced when I was 7 (Primary one) and since then my two younger brothers and I have been living with Momsy. And honestly, life was tough back then. Momsy wasn't high paid, and still, she had to carry three heavy burdens with her. She practically had no social life. Her life was surrounded by us. I just went to town with Momsy last month, and she said "I've not been to Orchard for so many years". And just two weeks ago when I brought Momsy to Sentosa, she told me that she have not been to Sentosa for 10 or 12 years. That's how much social life Momsy had.

I started working when I was 13. It wasn't an official job. I merely did surveys and stuff. I started my first official job when I was 14, at Mos Burger. It was bad. It paid merely 3.70 bucks per hour and I worked both weekends. All 7 days a week was occupied. And, all my pay every month goes to Momsy. She needed it to relief the family's burden. Bear in mind, my allowance everyday was only 3 bucks, and I didn't have any during public holidays, school holidays and weekends.

Worked like a slave till I was 16 and finally got my second job during the O levels break at Metro Sengkang. The pay wasn't bad. The colleagues were like family. This was the break through of my life. I started being independent and stopped getting any allowance. I was on my own, literally. In between, I went to Marks and Spencer for a two weeks job. At this point of time, I was still scrimping and saving for many things. Debts, allowances etc.

In May 2011, I quitted Metro and worked at Cotton On Novena. I was 18. It was terrible. The friends were good, but the management sucks. It suck so terrible that I wanted to quit so badly. And in September the same year, I joined Resorts World Sentosa, till now. It was only when I started Poly that I started to splurge a little on myself. Once in awhile, I would Pamper Momsy by getting her new clothing or getting her good food.

All these that I'm saying, isn't to get pityness. I don't want and I detest people showing me pityness. I don't need anything like that. All I want to clarify is that, I'm not rich. I won't say I'm super duper poor, cause I can still afford to get new clothing, but I'm not even average cause I'm still worried about many things, which includes school fees.

For your information, my clothing never exceed 40 bucks, sometimes 50. (Confession: I just bought a 60 bucks pants and that's broke my record) My uniqlo jeans cost only 39.90, my topman top cost only 29 bucks, my shirts are either 30+ or almost 40 etc. I even have brand new pants which cost only 4 or 5 bucks (Excluding alteration).

So please, don't call me a kid or pampered kid. The only time I feel rich is when I get my pay and I'm back to being broke by 1 or 2 days cause I got bills and all. And the only time that I can say that I feel pampered is when I particular with cleanliness. But that's normal, right? Hope I get things into your heads.

If anyone reads this, thanks for reading. Goodnight and Chinese New Year in advance. (:



Alvin Aucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment