Thursday, August 16, 2012

Fat + overweight bricks.

Back home from school. Today marks day one for the 1:1 scale model. It was killer. The bricks were so overweight compared to timber blocks. Carrying them around for three to four hours is no joke. My arms and back aren't aching very badly now, but just wait till tomorrow~



This fat and unpolished lady will be with me till submission ends.


The stagering design for the first few layers. Will alternate the bricks soon. I know, the workmanship is bad. I'm so not made for brick-making. Yes, I want some real model making~


What I've accomplished for today. This itself was killer. Actually it doesn't look bad from afar, but when you get close to it.. okay.


The traces of hardship.


It's day one and it's already killing me. I'm not complaining not because I can't take hardship, but you really got to try it to believe it. I've to agree that the other ateliers are also tough and all, but these bricks which weigh kilos each really isn't a joke. Yes, and then the mortar. Mixing it is a hassle. We need a mixer machine~

The thought of 6 weeks of vacation should keep me motivated to work hard and get it over and done with. Year three's IDS ateliers are really boring me out. I've been getting-over-and-done-with for the whole semester (That's because it's not even design. It's design-idiot-proof). This 6 weeks of break, I've to make it worthwhile. I'm sure the next term break wouldn't be a break. It will be intensive; intensive on design.

I need a vacation, a getaway. Grant me one, please?




Alvin Aucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment