Sunday, October 7, 2012

DIY | Studded iPhone case with only 6 bucks.

So I came across a studded iPhone case I loved a lot, which I've been dying to DIY myself but haven't cause it's rather costly (At least for me it is) to get studs outside since it's so over-rated now. Here's a simple guide to a studded iPhone case which cost only 5 bucks (Excluding the elephant glue)!



Here's a blue bracelet I found while roaming around the flea at scape. It's even bigger now cause the basement level is full of retail shops now, which are all very affordable still. The bracelet is made with plastic not metal and comes in various colors. Guess what, it cost only 3.90 bucks! And if you get two, it will be 7 bucks.


Get a iPhone cover or case. Preferably a plastic material one too to match the studs. This range actually cost only 2 bucks, which you can always find a cineleisure level two. I already have a few of them so I didn't actually have to re-purchase them. (Y)


I've chosen the baby teal/green color to match my studs.


So first, snip off the string which is in between that holds the studs together. It is actually a duo-stud, which each stud comes in a pair.


Play around with different combinations how you would like to stick the studs on. I tried forming and alphabet "A". For Alvin, for Aucks.


Also tried laying them all in a series pattern.


Finally decided to just stick the one lonely stud at the top of the case. It looks like devil horns actually.


The fun begins! Start sticking them on using elephant glue. You can always use silicon glue but I do not advise that cause it has a thickness which will make the whole look really ugly, and I'm pretty sure it will drop off within days.




And that't the final look of the iPhone cover! Looks really cute huh. The colors are so candy too~



The fatty iPhone cover. So thick! But I love the touch and how I grab the cover. Feels really different.


So hurry make yours today! It only cost 6 bucks~ 5.90 to be exact.



Alvin Aucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment