Saturday, November 10, 2012

5 life lessons I've learnt from my pet bunny.

1 | NEVER HIDE THE CUTENESS OF YOURSELF.

Daisy was always "acting" cute. Okay, she didn't have to. She was so adorable she was well-loved by all my friends, family, instagrammers, facbook-er etc. She never fail to make anyone smile, except when she gets annoyed with people and start scratching anyone in her way. She's a sweet, yet rough girl. I love it when she does her binkies, stand up for her treats and when she cleans herself up by licking herself all over.

2 | WHEN YOU DISLIKE IT, JUST BITE IT.

Daisy was always biting when she's uncomfortable. She bites when anyone carries her when she doesn't like it, she bites when you're in her way, she bites almost for anything she hates. She was never hiding her thoughts. She would do what that comes into her mind: TO BITE. The very last time she bit me what during her grooming session. She was timid and was scared of the group of customers over at the store. (Looked at my wound and it's almost healing.)

3 | NEVER GET ENOUGH OF ANYTHING.

It's okay to ask for more. Nothing's wrong with that. Daisy was always asking for more. Longer baths, more food, more snuggles, more treats, more sleep etc. It's okay to never be satisfied.

4 | IT'S OKAY TO BE FAT.

Daisy was tiny when she just came. She was slightly skinny. After the 3 months with her, she gained so much weight. She has a  huge ass just fyi. She would always rest on her huge ass and laze at a corner, making herself so comfortable. she look so cute with her lazy eyes and her floppy ears. She was so fat Momsy named her 胖妞 (Fat girl). Thank you to Momsy for feeding her into such a fat little girl.

5 | EVERYONE HAS A BEST FRIEND.

When Mafia + Daisy just met, they fought. Mafia plucked some of Daisy's fur teehee. They were so territorial they couldn't stand each other in the same cage. They peed all over and made a huge mess in the cage.

But now, look at them. They can't live without each other. Once, I brought Daisy out to school for the whole day and Mafia was depressed. They would always lick each others' ears and eyes, and snuggle with each other when sleeping. They were inseparable.


This was the first picture I saw of Daisy. Fell in love with her beautiful color, floppy ears, cute big nose, shiny eyes and big paw pads. It was love at first sight like Mafia.


Daisy first bath. She was really enjoying water baths a lot. She look so uglily cute with all her fur down. Look at her super huge hind legs.


First picture of me carrying Daisy. She was looking at me curiously, "Who's this dude?"


Daisy standing up to get treats. It was the day I truly explored how high Daisy can stand.


Daisy looking sooooooo cute in this picture! Her nose look extra big.


First sketch of Daisy by Joline. She did a super good job right. Thank you.


Daisy after her first grooming session. She was nicely clipped and her paws were clean and trimmed. She smell so so so good. I can still remember the smell of the powder bath. It was sweet smelling.


Daisy's first time to Marina Barrage. She was really enjoying herself so much that day. She ran so so so fast. I could feel her happiness with the blue sky and the green grass.


Carrying Daisy to get a pretty picture.



1 | First picture I saw of Daisy.
2 | First time Daisy resting on me.
3 | First time bringing Daisy out for a walk.
4 | First time capturing Daisy's pretty pose.
Daisy and I had so many first times.



Daisy has changed Mafia's sleeping habits after she came. Mafia never ever slept this way before Daisy came haha. Now she sleep like a log with her paws all stretched out.




Daisy staring fiercely at someone I don't know where.



Daisy was so tired. She literally rest her whole head on the wooden tile. Such a cutie.


This was the very last picture I had with Daisy. I wish there were many more.


Mafia + Daisy's very last picture together.


The final look of Mafia + Daisy's cage as of now.


The last picture of Daisy.


Daisy in the box when she passed away. She really died in pain. 


Daisy when she was about to be cremated. It saddens me so much to see her disappearing right in front of me. (As I was typing this, I had to carry Mafia to my thighs cause I needed someone to cuddle so badly)


Daisy's ashes. She had very tiny bones. So little of it.


All the texts. Thank you for the care and concern.



It saddens me to see Daisy die right in front of me. She collapsed immediately after I carried her into my arms. She became all muscle-less. She just left me just like that. It breaks my heart to see Daisy leave. She was still a baby. She  could have had a lot more years with my family and I. She was so well-loved by everyone around. Her cuteness was unstoppable.

Daisy, I miss you so much. I miss all the times we had together. I'm sorry, I could not do anything else, but to watch you die right in front of me. I was so useless when you were struggling helplessly, looking high up to grab for more air. I could only pat you to calm down. I watch you die right in front of me. I hate myself so much for not being able to help you out. I kept shouting for your name, for you to wake up, but you didn't. You didn't even close your eyes when you died. You died in lots of pain, I know it.

As I'm typing this, I'm tearing for your loss. You left us so sudden. We grieved so much for death, but nothing else can be done to make you come back to us. I cried so badly, but I know, you won't come back to us. I wish you were here, then this would be a happy 5 life lessons learnt post instead.

Daisy, I hope you'll be happy on the other side at bunnyland. Promise me, to stay happy and never forget us. You will never be forgotten from your friends and family here on the earthy land. I will never forget you cause you and I have created so many memories together. Momsy and little brother misses you too. Every single time they stare at the cage or the living room, they would say you should be here lazing, running or sleeping. We love you so much, so much you can never imagine how heart broken we are for your death.


I love you, Daisy.







With lots and lots of love and misses,
Your one and only owner,
Alvin Aucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment